Since you landed here at My Shady Roots I would bet you are an adoptee or birth parent searching for your first family. Maybe you’ve found out that you have a sibling or another family member that is out there and you’d like to find them!
It could be that you already have found them and now you’re in the reunion stage and you feel like your life is spinning a bit out of control. Or is that just me?
On the other hand, you might just be trying to make peace with your life in the adoption triad. It can be done. At least, I am pretty sure we can.
If there is one word to describe why you’re here I would imagine it would be: Searching.
Whether you are searching for family, or you just need to find some peace— you’re in the right place.
- Have no clue if you really want to search or how to search.
- Are in the middle of your search and feel like it’s not going anywhere.
- Feel alone. You wish your family and friends could relate to what you’re trying to do. (They are supportive, but really have no clue what you’re going through.)
- Found your first family but it didn’t go the way you had dreamed.
- Want to find out what others are doing to find restoration and how you can find it also.
You can read about my personal search here – it’s the beginning of a long story. If it’s the one thing I can say about us adoptees, once we find them – we have really interesting origin stories –
No matter where you are in the adoption triad you have thoughts and feelings that only those in it can understand and relate to.
I am planning on making this a place for you to find all types of information that I hope will help you with your own search, reunion and restoration.
Occasionally there will be something from one of my friends in the triad who will be sharing here also.
Please let me know if there is anything you’d like me to write about.